All updates are sent via email to our “Churchwide” list in the church database. They will also be posted here for easy access; click on the dates to see the updates.
Greetings Capital Pres Family,
As we journey in this process together, you can now visit The Pastoral Search Committee’s webpage on our McLean and Fairfax websites, which centralizes all the information and resources to facilitate our partnership, including:
- Scriptural references to provide encouragement and guidance as we pray for our next senior pastor
- Link to send direct feedback and questions to the group
- Excerpts from the Book of Church Order to provide a window into the processes and procedures that govern our church
- Confidentiality Covenant that binds agreement across the group
Here is a quick video that introduces the webpage and shows you how to get to it on our website.
The committee is also in the process of putting together a congregational survey so we can systematically gather data and insight around compiling a church and pastor profile. In addition to this feedback effort, we will conduct listening sessions across dozens of communities at Capital Pres (CGs, Young Adults, Senior Saints, Crosstrainers, etc) so we can glean additional sentiment and perspective to inform The Pastoral Search Committee’s work.
We hope you find this news helpful and encouraging.
May God continue to give us all a Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that we can know Him and His hope, riches, and power better in this season (Ephesians 1:16-19).
Praising God for the unity we have in Christ,
The Pastoral Search Committee
Ellis Chaplin, Gene Goodell, Leslie Hobbs, Tricia Hollis, Rachel Hooker, Erica Hotmire, Jim Perry, Don Solberg, Eric Treene, Margie Watkins, Mark Whittle, Bruce Young, Daniel Zimmerman
The Pastoral Search Committee is delighted to let you know that we are up and running. We have kicked off with twice-weekly Zoom meetings, and one of our first objectives is to open lines of communication between the Congregation and the Committee. We want to hear from you and keep you informed regarding our progress.
How can you contribute to the Pastoral Search Committee?
- Send us your thoughts, questions, and suggestions by using this central email address: [email protected] We may not act on every suggestion, but we will prayerfully consider every message.
- Watch for periodic emails and Sunday announcements.
- Participate in any congregational surveys and other input opportunities that we may ask of you.
- Visit the coming landing page on the church website, where we will be updating a prayer guide, work plans, milestones/progress, and any congregational survey results, as appropriate.
We will strive to communicate frequently and thoroughly. However, until a candidate is put forward, we will maintain maximum confidentiality about our candidate pool. While we aim to communicate around what we are doing, we will be silent about whom we are doing it with. We hope you agree that this is the right way to treat candidates who are trusting us with their reputations and the feelings of their families and churches. We understand that a prolonged silence about the one thing we all care most about will be hard, so please be patient with your Pastoral Search Committee in this regard.
If you have any suggestions about other ways that we can effectively establish and maintain an open and constructive dialogue, please let us know.
In the interim, may you rest in God’s promise from Jeremiah 3:15: “And I will give you shepherds after my own heart, who will feed you with knowledge and understanding.”
Yours in Christ,
The Pastoral Search Committee
(Dan Zimmerman, Chair; Bruce Young, Vice-Chair; Gene Goodell, Clerk; Ellis Chaplin, Leslie Hobbs, Tricia Hollis, Rachel Hooker, Erica Hotmire, Jim Perry, Don Solberg, Eric Treene, Margie Watkins, Mark Whittle)
FAQs Coming Soon
This section will be devoted to answering important questions asked by the congregation. If you have a question you want us to post and answer please send it our way by using this email address: [email protected]. Thank you.